All taxpayers have a Personal Tax Account with HM Revenue & Customs. This contains lots of useful information. Have you looked at yours? You can use your Personal Tax Account to:
- tell HMRC about a change of name or address
- check your tax code
- check and manage your tax credits and child benefit
- view your National Insurance record (and see how many contributary years you have accumulated)
- view your State Pension forecast
- check or update your Marriage Allowance
- check your income from employment in the previous 5 years
- check or update benefits you get from work, for example company car details and medical insurance
To view or activate your Personal Tax Account use the following link:
If you have an existing Government Gateway account you can use that to log in; otherwise the above link will ask you to create a Government Gateway account. The process is usually quick and easy.
If you have any queries regarding your personal tax affairs, we are here to help you.