We are seeking an ambitious individual looking to develop into the role of Head of Tax and to build and be responsible for a tax team working across the M62 corridor.
We pride ourselves on looking after our team and our focus is definitely not all work based – we offer a competitive salary, flexible working, higher holiday allowance than average and we have fun during the year at our many team events. We can offer a good work life balance, though our offices are in rural town locations, we deliver our services to really exciting entrepreneurial clients. You would have all the excitement of working with these top clients but with none of the travel or parking costs, or the long-days sitting in rush hour traffic.
We are looking for a solid all round tax professional, a suitable candidate would have the following attributes:
- CTA qualified.
- At least five years post qualification experience with an understanding of corporate tax planning, personal tax and IHT
- A quick learner with a desire to become a team leader and with a desire to train and grow a specialist tax team
- A proven record of winning new business
- Possessing strong analytical and reporting skills
The role will develop such that you will be able to:
- Get to know a client base and seek out tax planning opportunities
- Be confident with clients and in time will be able to find, on board and deliver for new clients
- Become the owner of the tax team budget and targets
Ideally working from our Holmfirth office and willing to travel to our Wilmslow office.
It is important that the chosen candidate shares our values:
Without trust we have no business, therefore at the heart of everything we do is integrity. We should always do what’s right not what’s easy.
We supply a service and having the flexibility and freedom to support our clients based on their needs allows us to deliver a service above and beyond expectations.
‘OK’ is not OK, everything we do, should be done to the best of our ability.
Our people are what makes us different. Sharing ideas without question, supporting each other and working together for our client’s benefit are a given.
Who wants to speak to a boring accountant? We want to make accounting something worth talking about and having a friendly and fun outlook on life allows us to offer a better service.