The government's furlough scheme has provided huge, much needed support for businesses. The scheme has been extended and there are some really important changes coming in, the key points are:
- From 1st July, the scheme will allow part-time working, but staff must have been furloughed by 10 June to be eligible
- There will be a new limit to the number of staff who can be included on a claim which will be based on the maximum staff ever included in any single pre 1 July claim.
- From 1 July, claim periods will no longer be able to overlap months
- For the month of July, the grant will be available on the same basis as now (the lesser of 80% of pay and £2,500)
- For the month of August, the CJRS will continue to pay 80% of wages and from 1 August the CJRS grant will no longer cover the cost of employers’ national insurance nor pension contributions – these are expected to be covered by the employer
- For the month of September, the CJRS will pay 70% of wages while employers will take on the other 10%
- For the month of October, the CJRS will pay 60% of wages while employers will take on the other 20%